nognz is a business that aims to transform learning through applied neuroscience. At the Centre for Digital Media , my team and I were tasked with creating a corporate training tool for them, in the form of a brain training app for the iPad.
As the designer and artist, I:
- brainstormed mini-game ideas to match the brain-training algorithms we were provided.
- drafted rapid prototypes to test said ideas.
- developed the “world” and user interface of the app.
- iterated through various art styles to achieve the proper look and feel of the app.
- My first experience creating an app
- Trying to innovate on the brain-training genre while still keeping true to the algorithm of the puzzles we were provided
- Stepping out of my comfort zone to try different art styles for the nognz co-founders to approve.
- We developed a minimum viable product for nognz to iterate on in the future
- We innovated on the traditional grid used in most brain training apps, and made a hexagonal-grid for the puzzles to be displayed on