The King Was Sick is a 2D sidescrolling puzzle game developed in Unity. I created this project with 5 other classmates over the span of 6 weeks.
The goal of the game is to manipulate the storylines of 5 characters in order to fetch the cure for a sick king. The player can control a thief, servant, bird, hermit and king throughout the game.
- Worked with an artist with a different art style. Together, we had to figure out something consistent for the project.
- Preparing a pitch deck to gain approval from faculty
- Giving a timed presentation to the cohort.
- Short timespan to implement user test feedback.
- A vertical slice of our game!
- Learned a lot about Adobe Illustrator
- Recognized the importance of implementing assets earlier on in the project timeline